Welcome to Southlake and Keller
Sophisticated, cultured, and welcoming, this area is one of the top spots for families looking to relocate to DFW
Located just a nine-minute drive apart, these two suburbs are considered some of Dallas’s top neighborhoods. Offering acclaimed school districts and plenty of city events, this area has become one of the top destinations for families looking to make the move to Dallas-Fort Worth.
Keller, which features more than 40,000 residents, is the 74th most populated city in Texas. Southlake is smaller, with about 30,000 full-time residents. Both towns have a charming, small-town feel but offer the perks of big city living. Restaurants and posh retail abound in both locations.
Considered a calm oasis from the frenzy of Dallas-Fort Worth, this area offers an abundance of parks and greenspace and is known for its annual festivals and community pep rallies.
What to Love
- Quiet seclusion and charming small-town feel
- An abundance of parks and greenspace
- An excellent school district, events, and athletics of these learning institutions bring the towns together
People & Lifestyle
Named among the top 100 places to live in the United States, Keller is a quiet haven for parents looking for a great place to raise their children. Southlake is its more affluent twin, home to a variety of celebrities and professional athletes.
Dining, Shopping & Entertainment
In Southlake Town Square, national chains like Cheesecake Factory
are a big draw for residents. Central Market
, a grocer offering veggies, meats, cheeses, and wine, plus an in-house cafe, cooking classes, and live music, is also a local attraction.
, a lavishly outfitted chain restaurant specializing in prime steaks & seafood along with fine wines, has a Southlake location.
Things to Do
Southlake residents enjoy spending time at Timarron Country Club
, named one of the best golf clubs in DFW by Avid Golfer in 2019. Known for its 18-hole championship golf course designed by golf great Byron Nelson, the sophisticated club boasts a restaurant, boutique fitness center, and busy calendar of networking and socializing events.
The Historic Grapevine Grapefest
, the largest wine festival in the Southwest, features merchants, vendors, culinary demonstrations, wine tastings, and live entertainment. The New Vintage Wine Trail’s
Blessing of the Vines toasts the new release wines of the season. This time-honored Grapevine event is an annual tradition.
At Lake Grapevine
, residents fish, boat, camp, and hike along the body of water’s 8,000 acres.
Southlake and Keller are home to many excellent schools. Top educational opportunities include:
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, grades Pre-K-8, offers a challenging and creative classical Catholic curriculum
- The Goddard School of Keller, childcare program that nurtures a lifelong love of learning in a private preschool setting
- Spanish Schoolhouse, a Spanish immersion pre-school which offers an excellent early childhood education while giving children the gift of a second language
- Southlake ISD, an independent PreK-12 school district serving the majority of the city of Southlake